Monday 24 November 2014

Shaun in the City

Back in 2013 I visited Cheddar Gorge and spotted one of 80 fibreglass Gromits that formed part of Aardman’s ‘Gromit Unleashed’ public art exhibition. Each sculpture was designed by different artists, making up a trail that encouraged people to “collect them all” the project not only contributed a record-breaking £123 million to the local economy but also raised £2.3 million for Bristol Children’s Hospital charity, Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Appeal. Undoubtedly spurred on by its fantastic response they have decided to do it again only this time with Shaun the Sheep. In 2015 ‘Shaun in the City’ will be launched which will see two “ewe-nique arts trails” across London and Bristol, forming “the world’s biggest, baaa-rilliant sheep hunt” featuring 120 sculptures created by artists, celebrities and designers. I thought I would have a go and submit some ideas, sadly my designs didn’t make the grade but I thought I would share them on here anyway in an attempt to spread the good word and encourage you all to support them and their great cause.
My entries were…

“Mixed Veg” 
Inspiration for this one came about when I noticed that Shaun’s feet looked like spring onions reminding me of the vegetable/fruit animal competitions found at most self respecting village fates. This vegetarian option attempts to recreate Shaun’s likeness through the medium of vegetables.

“Franken-Shaun”
Franken-Shaun was cobbled together after I noted the similarities between the shape of Shaun’s ‘hair’ and the flat head of another iconic figure…

© Shaun the Sheep is a registered trademark of Aardman Animations Ltd. Grand Appeal / Wallace & Gromit’s Children’s Charity Reg. 1043603. All rights reserved.
© Arfon Jones 2014. All images are copyrighted throughout the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...