Wednesday 21 October 2015

October 21, 2015, 4:29pm...


Pardon my indulgence, I’ve waited some time for this day, the future has finally arrived!
According to my time circuits its 08:29pm here in the UK making it 4:29pm in Hill Valley, California!
That means that at this precise moment in time one of my favourite movie scientists Dr. Emmett "Doc" Brown, will have travelled forward from October 26, 1985 to October 21, 2015! Accompanied by his friend Marty McFly and his girlfriend Jennifer in tow "Doc" will have landed his DeLorean time machine ready to put his future altering plan into effect!  Marty will switch places with Marty Jr. in an attempt to save his kids’ future by going into the Café 80’s to meet Griff and telling him “No!” Shenanigans will ensue, several inaccurate future predictions will be made, and a Grays Sports Almanac will be purchased before our heroes return to an alternative 1985! Great Scott! It just dawned on me! From this moment on, all of the Back to the Future movies will be taking place in the past!
Many, many jokes have been made about Back to the Future part 2’s predictions of what the future would be like and I remember speculating what 2015 would be like after first seeing it circa 1990. I wondered what advances we would have made and what my life would be like. I freely admit that I never imagined that on that very day I would be writing about one of my all time favourite movie franchises and ‘uploading’ it to the ‘Internet’ for anyone on the planet to read…

© Arfon Jones 2015. All images are copyrighted throughout the world.

4 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to live long enough so that TV21 is an 'old' comic by the time I fall off the twig.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...